Wednesday, October 17, 2012

wreath top finished

I sewed the last two border sides on the twister wreath wall hanging this morning!  

  I have been in "solo" mode this week and have whittled down all the excess "stuff" from the sewing room dumped into the fabric/guest room down to 1 huge box, 1 medium basket, and 1 large basket of fabric-which are now in the living room.  The guest room just needs the linens changed out on the bed and it is ready for my sister's arrival on Friday.
I seem to do my best efforts when I have a looming deadline, however, I have stayed true to the sorting/purging/ and throwing out so when I get to the end..it really will be the end.  I am allowing myself one messy area in the desk to deal with at a later date.  
It has been wonderful to recover lost treasures and discover forgotten projects started as long ago as 2000!
In fact, I found the very first "kit" I ever bought when I began my quilting life.  I will have to share that at some later date...for now..I will be happy to share a current project.  I have decided how I want to quilt it, but that will have to wait until after my sister leaves.

I also see at least one more twister wreath in my near future!


5 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Blogger Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

looks great, Cher!

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

I love it, Cher!

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger sophie said...

I own the twister tool and your wreath is inspiring me to actually USE it. Your top is lovely--I can't wait to see it quilted and hanging on the wall.

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

I love the clear and bright shades of the traditional Christmas colors that you used. Woohoo for a finish to flimsy. I hope you had fun doing this for a fairly quick finish just in time for the holiday seasons. "Quick" compared to some things that were set aside or placed in storage or forgotten.

Enjoy your time with your sister, Cher!

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger Michele Bilyeu said...

It turned out really cute! So proud of how you get going when you set your mind to doing something!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home